Here are some helpful tips to optimize your storage unit space to ensure you are getting the most for your money.
- Store couches on end to save room.
- Use furniture covers to protect your items.
- Clear a path down the center of your unit to easily reach items.
- Cushion fragile items and keep them towards the top so they don’t break.
- Store valuable items towards the back to avoid tempting someone to steal.
- Fill boxes to capacity so they don’t tip or collapse.
- Store items you will need to access frequently toward the front of your unit.
- Pack boxes evenly and fully.
- Label boxes and keep a list of items in each box so you know where everything is placed.
- Measure the length, width and height of the largest item that you will need to store. This will show you the smallest unit size you could take.
- If you are storing the entire contents of your house, let us know how many bedrooms you have, as this a good indicator of space needed.
- If you are storing everything in boxes, tell us the size of the boxes and how many you have, and we can estimate the size of unit that would work best for you.
- Do not store anything flammable.
- Take things apart, such as bed frames. It will help with space.
For more information on storage solutions, please call your local Stop N Lock Self-Storage. Our associates would be happy to guide you through our selection of storage units and services and to ensure you are getting the most for your money. Contact us today for a quote and for more information on our services.